What are the best site search filters?
The best site search filters for your industry will vary, here are a few good examples:
- For fashion the search will be by item type, such as pants, shoes, coats and by sub types such as sandals. By brand. Then by size and color.
- Automotive will filter by; make, model, year, brand, part number and size.
- Music’s best filters are; genre, artist, year and title.
- Beauty’s top filters will be item type, brand, color size and price point.
- Home décor filters by room type, item type, brand, style, color and size.
Of course, there are a number of other possible filters that can be added, however, these are the most common in these major industries.
What is the best on site search UX filter design?
To ensure that both your desktop and mobile users have the best experience most large brands stick to a standard vertical dropdown to display filter choice options to their visitors. The vast majority of mobile users search with their devices in the vertical position. We now see that the contemporary approach for mobile is to have a filter button that toggles showing filters at the top of the search results page.