InstantSearch+ services enhance user’s experience with personal, relevant search suggestions and results, product recommendations, and other conoversion services. To improve user’s experience, InstantSearch+ products may collect non-personally identifiable data from users. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy. Your privacy matters to us so please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, when you sign up to InstantSearch+ service, we collect personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, etc.
- Information we collect from your store. For example, non-personally identifiable (Non-PII) data from your store catalog, such as product data.
- Information we get from your use of our services. Example, when a user conducts a search on a site that is using InstantSearch+ Magento, we will collect the queries that the user searched. This type of information is relevant to the use of InstantSearch+ and includes anonymous non-personally identifiable data such as:
- Cookies on the user’s device that may be used to provide personalized search experience.
- Aggregated search term data that is collected to provide user with popular search suggestions.
How we use the data
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, improve them, and develop new ones. We also use this information to offer users personalized experience– like giving more relevant search suggestions.
When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your searches on a specific site, we’ll be able to provide you with a relevant contextual search history when you return to that site and search again for a similar query.
Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make choices about how it is used. For example, you can set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that our cookie dependent services such as InstantSearch+ Personal may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of InstantSearch+ unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of InstantSearch+ when we have your consent to do so
- For legal reasons, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of InstantSearch+ if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of InstantSearch+, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect InstantSearch+ and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt access to shared data via SSL encrypted protocols.
- We restrict access to personal information to AutoComplete+ employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Changes to policy
From time to time, we may revise this policy and we will post the revised Policy on the Site. All substantial changes made to this policy will be notified on the Site, at our sole discretion, and will take effect immediately.
Please direct all questions in connection with this Policy via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org